It’s the New Moon, and the celestial lunar timing could not be more perfect. As we approach the Georgian New Year the New Moon offers the perfect opportunity to combine the pagan with the modern and make some New Year’s Resolutions with a magickal twist.
The New Moon is a time of new beginnings and a time to start new journeys as it coincides with the Georgian New Year, which is also a time of celebration for things to come. This is an excellent opportunity to draw those things to you that you want for a healthy, happy and prosperous 2017.
As we move from the New Moon into the Waxing Crescent through 1 January, having a ritual on New Year’s Eve just makes sense. For this ritual I recommend, as I always do, combining the mundane with the magickal.
- Clean your home both physically and spiritually, of the negative energy of 2016, self-doubt and fear, anger and pain. Clean up the excess of the holidays and take back ownership of your personal space. I recommend using lemony scented products for a freshness and clean start to the new year.
- Cleanse yourself, get your mind and body ready for the challenges of the New Year. Perform a cleansing ritual bath, using rose and sandalwood. Anoint your body with gardenia oil. Meditate to clear your mind.
- Cast your circle, protect yourself, draw in your lunar power.
- Be thankful, give thanks for all that you have received and learned in 2016.
- Burn a candle, write words of power, recite a spell or chant your intentions for 2017.
- Offer thanks, release your protectors, close your circle.
As with all magick, keep it personal, meaningful, and harm none.
Happy New Year and Blessed Be